Thursday, February 24, 2011

First Online Sale!

I've been pretty lax about updating, it's hard to get really enthused about keeping up the blog when I know no one is reading it BUT it's also good for me to record my progress and my findings so I will persevere, hopefully.
Three Sisters' Marketplace is now officially open (my shop is here) and I have even made my first ever online sale...actually I made three!  Very, very exciting especially since two of them were to someone I don't even know!  I do have to say my mom has been my best supporter (and buyer) for as long as I have been making jewelry, and without her support I don't think I ever would have been confident enough to start my own business.  Even so, it is really nice to know that someone who isn't related, and at least somewhat required to like what you do, show their appreciation of your art by buying it.
I made a list (like I am wont to do when flustered) when the order came in and here's how it goes:

What to do when someone orders a piece of Jewelry
- Freak out (very important step, do not skip!)
- Polish piece.
- Assemble display (presentation is important!)
- Package jewelry carefully making sure to include
   - Care and cleaning instructions
   - Short thank you note
- Send Package ASAP
- Mark as shipped
- Celebrate! (with sushi optimally)
- Make replacement piece and list in store

It may sound silly but I actually need lists like this or I tend to get stuck on the first step, going "EEEEEEEEEE" and jumping around like a squirrel on speed.  My husband and dogs all very graciously put up with this step for a short while but are grateful when I move on and get to work. So are my vocal chords.

Now, even though I'd rather be at the barn with my horsie, I'm making those replacement pieces so I can
list them, hopefully sell them, and be able to afford nice things for said horsie!

No comments:

Post a Comment