Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Pictures

Clef Necklace in Silver (Aluminum)
Friday was picture day. Taking pictures of jewelry is tricky and frustrating but I am slowly improving. Getting the picture in focus, without glare and yet bright enough to be clearly visible but not washed out is a delicate balance. I found this site to be very helpful. It has as lot of great links and tips. I found the $15 photo studio link particularly useful for this round of shots. The idea is to use a large, clear rubbermaid box on it's side as your light box. It diffuses the light nicely and it's fairly cheap. Luckily I had one laying around that worked nicely. I didn't have quite the right lighting set up so I had to adjust the lighting in my photo editor for some of the shots. I also couldn't find my mini-tripod so I set up a stack of books and held the camera very carefully, hooray for improvising! Still, I don't have a macro lens so a lot of the shots came out blurry. I found that using the "speed" setting gave me the clearest shots. Perhaps when I re-read my camera's manual I will find a more appropriate setting.

This is my favorite shot of the day:
Byzantine Necklace in Silver (Aluminum)
The couple of props, the drape of the necklace and fabric, it just came out very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment