Friday, January 21, 2011

Goals

Basil S. Walsh

I have a certain aversion to goals developed from a long history of not meeting them. Both those that have been set for me by others and those that I set for myself. However, like the quote implies, goals are good. Goals are necessary. I can put all the effort I can muster into this project and it won't do me any good unless I have a map to guide my efforts, and map is useless unless you have a destination in mind. So today I'm going to set out my goals, large and small so I can start drawing my map.

Large Goals
  • Start and maintain a business selling jewelry online,
  • And selling at craft fairs.
  • Earn $300 a month through this business.
  • Update this blog at least three times a week.
The last one is pretty self explanatory but the first three are going to need to be broken down into much smaller steps.

Medium Steps
  • Make two of each non-unique piece to list online.
  • Make three of each non-unique piece to bring to craft fairs.
  • Make one unique piece every two weeks.
  • Find two online marketplaces and list jewelry.
  • Find and sign up for two craft fairs a month.
  • Price items reasonable yet realistically.
And once again breaking those steps down into smaller steps...

Small Steps
  • Create at least one large piece and three small pieces a week.
  • Take pictures of jewelry for online marketplaces and juried craft fairs.
  • Research online marketplaces.
  • Research local craft fairs.
  • Buy packaging and shipping materials.
  • Create displays for craft fairs.
So, there are my goals, all laid out nice and neat. If you think of any I've missed let me know in the comment section and I'll add them right in. Stay warm on this snowy day and happy goal setting!

No comments:

Post a Comment